Download the Free Webinar
Presented by Heather Bickley
This workshop will provide an overview of the WIDA English language proficiency (ELP) standards and Common Core State Standards, with a focus on using these standards for Supporting Your ELLs to meet college- and career-ready expectations.
Participants will learn to:
- Identify areas of alignment between WIDA ELP standards and Common Core.
- Use the Model Performance Indicators (MPIs) in the WIDA ELP standards to assist students in accessing Common Core State Standards.
- Develop practical applications to the classroom for Common Core and WIDA ELP standards.
- Gain an introduction to the updated WIDA standards to be released in the fall of 2012.
- Better understand the language expectations in the Common Core State Standards and identify other resources for assisting ELLs in accessing the Common Core.